Cycling Travel Insurance


Cycling Travel Insurance

If you’re the sort of person who likes to break a sweat on their travels then a cycling holiday will be right up your street. Combining the opportunity to explore beautiful areas and see the local countryside and attractions with a chance to get some good exercise, many Brits head out on cycle holidays every year.

There are many places to go on a cycling holiday, with Spain and France particularly popular amongst cyclists because of their challenging terrain and stunning mountain scenery. Of course, cycling on foreign roads does offer its own risks, as you aren’t familiar with all the rules of the roads or the driving behaviour of its drivers. Unfortunately, this can lead to accidents and it’s important that if you’re unlucky enough to be involved in one that you have the proper cycling travel insurance in place to cover you.

Please note that your cycle is not covered at all under the travel insurance policy. We would recommend that you get your cycle covered on your household policy or insure it separately with a specialist insurer.

IMPORTANT. There is also a clause under the Baggage/Personal Possessions section, stating that there is no cover for sports clothes and equipment whilst in use.This means that your cycling helmet and cycling clothes/goggles etc are not covered if damaged in an accident etc.

One of the key things to be aware of when cycling abroad is to be suitably prepared and protected. Always wear a helmet, as if you are involved in an incident and aren’t wearing one, it may be cause for your cycle travel insurance to be void. Most cyclists will always take the relevant precautions and it’s never more important to do so than when on a cycle touring holiday abroad.

At Navigator, we want to ensure you get the correct cycling holiday insurance for your cycling trip. If you’re not sure exactly what level of coverage you need then get in touch and we will help guide you through the policies available. Of course, if you know exactly what you want then you can go and get a quote online right now!

Find out the best price for your activity travel insurance

Annual Multi-Trip

Cover for multiple trips
  • Up to 45 days each trip
  • 183 days cover in any one year
  • Special deals for couples and families

Learn More

Long Stay Single Trip

Cover from 2 to 18 months
  • Gap years
  • Extended backpacking
  • Career breaks
  • Volunteering
  • Studying
  • Working holidays abroad

Learn More

Short Stay Single Trip

Cover for up to 45 days
  • Single holiday
  • Business trip
  • Special rates for families
  • Accompanied kids go free

Learn More


Holiday Makers

Families, couples or individuals

Families, couples or individuals on holiday or business trips for shorter durations.



gap years, Backpackers and Career break

Usually couples or individuals requiring cover for longer term overseas trips of 2 months or more.


Sports & Adventures

skiing, snowboarding, climbing and more

We offer four policies for people travelling overseas, requiring cover for specific sports and activities.